Funds of the Jewish Community Foundation
There are a number of funds within the Foundation that may align with your philanthropic goals.
General Federation Support
- The Morton Harfenist Memorial Endowment Fund
- The Leo and Helen Nacheman Endowment Fund – Also benefits the local Hadassah chapter and Chapel Hill Kehillah.
- The Max Paul Endowment – Also benefits Chapel Hill Kehillah
- Harry T. Phillips Memorial Fund
- Beryl A. Slome Endowment Fund
- Laurie Tepper Lion of Judah Endowment Fund
- Marcus Family Fund for Public Relations and Communication – Supports special projects to improve public relations and communications.
- The Laura and Jack Fox Endowment for Media Arts – Provides for media arts programming such as book fairs, film festivals, journalism projects, radio or television projects, or internet communication projects.
- Federation Community Endowment Fund
- Federation Unrestricted Fund
- Vision Fund
Federation – Helping those in Need
- Vivian K. Blonder Memorial Fund
- Sydney and Phyllis Back Education Fund to Benefit the Elderly
- Singer-Becker Endowment Fund for Elder Care
- Melvin & Cynia Shimm Endowment Fund
- The George and Sue Fishman Jewish Family Services Senior Services Endowment
- Marion Meyer Robboy Endowment for JFS
- Martin and Simone Lipman Endowment Fund for JFS
- Jewish Family Services Endowment Fund
- Hudi Gross Fund to Support Needy Jews
Federation – Engaging the Community
- Israel Center Fund – Provides ongoing support to the Israel Center, a committee of the Federation, which works to bring cultural and bridge-building programming to the Durham-Chapel Hill community.
- The Peter A. Stahl Teen Programming Fund
- JCC Programs & Scholarships Fund
- The Fink Endowment for JCC Summer Camp Scholarships
- The Monroe Braun JCC Summer Camp Scholarship Fund
- Endowment Fund for JCC Special Needs Programming
Special Purpose Funds
- Earl and Gladys Siegel Young Leadership Fund – Provides funding for individuals recognized as outstanding young leaders to attend a Young Leadership conference.
- JCRC/Ministers Conference Fund – Supports the Jewish Community Relations Committee and the annual Minister’s conference.
- Sara and E.J. Evans Israel Experience Scholarship Program Endowment Fund – This fund provides $1,000 scholarships to area teens to attend programs in Israel.
- Nancy Gordon Justic Fund – This fund provides scholarships to area teens to attend programs in Israel.
- The Ma’aser Fund – The Ma’aser Fund matches contributions to any charitable organization by young people who commit to donating 10% of their Bar and Bat Mitzvah cash presents, as well as 10% of their earned and allowance income through their first post-high school year.
- Jewish Burial Fund – this fund strives to provide support to ensure that a Jewish burial with compassion, dignity, and respect is available to any Jewish individual in the community regardless of congregational affiliation or financial resources. Please fill out this brief inquiry form.
- Partnership Facilities Endowment Fund – To support the maintenance of the Levin JCC and the Lerner Jewish Day School.
Beth El Synagogue
- Beth El Endowment Fund – Unrestricted endowment for the general support of the Synagogue.
- The Sam Reven Rachmil Fink Fund of Beth El Congregation – Supports special projects at Beth El Synagogue.
- The Durham Hebrew Cemetery Fund of Beth El Congregation – Provides funds to maintain the Beth El cemetery grounds.
- Beth El Building Maintenance Fund – Provides support to maintain the synagogue building.
- Bertha Bergman Library Fund of Beth El Congregation – Supports the Beth El Synagogue library.
- Gilbert Katz Fund – Provides scholarships for young Beth El Synagogue members to receive religious education.
- Elaine Perilstein Fund – Supports adult education programming.
- Eric Pas Jewish Camp Scholarship Fund – Provides scholarship aid to young members of Beth El for Jewish summer camp experiences.
- The Hudi Gross Memorial Endowment for 3rd Grade Teacher – Supports annual salary of Religious School 3rd grade teacher.
Judea Reform Congregation
- Judea Reform General Reserve Fund – This fund is used as necessary to support programs and services provided by Judea Reform Congregation.
- Alfred and Hilde Brauer Designated Fund for Judea Reform Congregation – Upon their deaths, Alfred and Hilde endowed their annual gift, thereby continuing the financial contributions made during their lifetimes.
- Lipman Endowment Fund for Kehillah Scholars-In-Residence Program
- The Leo and Helen Nacheman Endowment Fund
- The Kehillah Rabbi’s Endowment Fund
- The Kehillah Program Endowment Fund
- Max Paul Endowment
- Martin and Simone Lipman Endowment for Kehillah Scholar in Resident Program
- The Leo and Helen Nacheman Endowment Fund
- Marcus Family Fund for North Carolina Hillel
- George and Sue Fishman Hillel Endowment Fund
- The Marion Meyer-Robboy Endowment Fund for North Carolina Hillel
- Ackerman-Rubin Endowment Fund
Sandra E. Lerner Jewish Community Day School
- Fuchs Scholarship Fund of the Jewish Community Day School of Durham-Chapel Hill – The income from this fund provides scholarship assistance to students.
- Albert and Adeline Gelb Scholarship Fund for the Jewish Community Day School of Durham-Chapel Hill – The income from this fund provides scholarship assistance to students.
- Martin G. Groder Endowment for the Lerner Jewish Community Day School
Triangle Jewish Chorale
- Triangle Jewish Chorale Fund
To learn more about the over 80 Funds of the Durham-Chapel Hill Jewish Foundation, please contact Lauren Beja, Director of Development and Foundation of the Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill at email@example.com.