Auditions will be held on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 and Tuesday, January 23, 2018 for our upcoming spring season
Our conductor and music director, Lorena Guillén, will be holding short auditions for prospective new members of the Chorale on the evenings of Tuesday, January 16, and Tuesday, January 23, 2018. If you enjoy singing and want to experience the pleasure of performing Jewish music with a congenial group, please consider joining us. We are especially seeking Tenors and Basses.
MEMBERSHIP IN THIS GROUP IS OPEN TO ALL WHO:
- can sing in tune and listen to others at the same time;
- want to sing and perform in English, Hebrew, Yiddish, and Ladino (among other languages)
- are willing to put in the time to learn their parts;
- are committed enough to attend rehearsals with great regularity! Rehearsals take place every Tuesday, 6:45-8:45pm in the Community Hall of the Levin Jewish Community Center in Durham.
TO SING WITH US:
- You do need a rudimentary knowledge of musical notation
- You don’t have to be Jewish
- You do need to set up a low pressure audition with our conductor
Contact Bernard Most at email@example.com or (919) 493-1288 for further information or to schedule an audition.
Additional information about the chorale may be found at our website:
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR YOUNG SINGERS WHO JOIN THE “TRIANGLE JEWISH CHORALE”
You don’t have to be Jewish to sing with the Triangle Jewish Chorale! If you are a Junior or Senior in High School, undergrad or grad university student and you are interested in singing Jewish-inspired music in various genres and languages, we are seeking voices to join the chorale (in particular tenors and basses). Our conductor, Dr. Lorena Guillen, will hold auditions for all applicants on the evenings of Jan. 16 and 23, 2018. The TJC will offer scholarships (fee waiver plus stipend) to the selected students, provided they can commit to attending Tuesday evening rehearsals (6:45 TO 8:45 PM) at the Levin JCC in Durham, and to singing our May 2018 concert. If you are interested in auditioning, or would like more information, please contact:
Dr. Lorena Guillen (TJC Music Director): firstname.lastname@example.org
/or/ Bernard Most (Auditions Coordinator): email@example.com at 919 493-1288